Project Designer—Kim Duffin (CKDAus) (CBDAus)
One of Australia’s most awarded Designers , Kim has won over 15 regional ,state, National and International Based awards for his designs in the past 5 years. Kim Duffin is the creative force behind this innovative company.
It is his experience, design flair and understanding of quality products and materials that result in highly workable, practical and beautifully designed spaces. His ability to customize the space to suit the user’s lifestyle and needs is legendary.
He is not afraid to use unique materials and vibrant colour to create a unique spaces that not only look great but are extremely functional.
Style of Home
- Renovated Queenslander in keeping with traditional character of the home
- Painted VJ internal walls and ceiling
- Kitchen looks onto large deck and pool area
- Timber Floor with painted timber door and window frames
- The kitchen needed to feel part of the home.
- This meant to make it a traditional kitchen with Shaker style doors
- Plenty of storage space required so every item had a place to be stored away from view when not required
- Enough room to have young chefs helping to cook up a storm
- Romaga Waste System
- 2 x “Blum” orgaline Type F cutlery storage inserts
- 2 x drawers with “Blum” Cross pot dividers
- 3 x Chrome Baskets
- Blumotion to all drawers (a soft close feature to all drawers )
- Soft Close to all doors
- Feature Glass Doors
- Walk In Pantry
- Appliance Cabinet with Roll up Door
Floor Plans and Interactive Tours
Typical for the original era of the home, the old kitchen was extremely poky and boxed in, which made cooking, entertaining and socializing very difficult. We were asked to
remodel the space to better reflect today’s lifestyle with a focus on family living. The owners of the home wanted to incorporate the best of traditional design with beautiful solid timber benchtops.
The owners wanted a shaker style kitchen and so the simple profile of the doors, the timber of the benchtops made a perfect combination to achieve this look. Bi fold windows were added to allow for an easy pass through to the large entertaining deck. Therefore a large section of benchtop remained clear to help cater for family get togethers and social events being staged in this area.
Functionality was a key consideration, needing lots of drawers and practical storage solutions. A walk in pantry, (finished in the same materials), provides additional space, with provisions for all small appliances such as a coffee machine and microwave.
With plenty of natural light, and clean, polished floorboards, this kitchen is a perfect example of classic and modern elegance coming together to enhance a modern family’s life and style.
LIKE THIS DESIGN ?- Contact the designer direct
INITIAL SPACE ANALYSIS
Organise a time for Sublime to review your kitchen or bathroom needs.
NEWS & REVIEWS
Check out the latest news and reviews about the interior design and kitchen and bathroom industry.
Discover more about the Kitchen and Bathroom awards Sublime has won.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Why you must use us for your next kitchen or bathroom project.