Project Designer—Kim Duffin (CKDAus) (CBDAus)
One of Australia’s most awarded Designers , Kim has won over 15 regional ,state, National and International Based awards for his designs in the past 5 years. Kim Duffin is the creative force behind this innovative company.
It is his experience, design flair and understanding of quality products and materials that result in highly workable, practical and beautifully designed spaces. His ability to customize the space to suit the user’s lifestyle and needs is legendary.
He is not afraid to use unique materials and vibrant colour to create a unique spaces that not only look great but are extremely functional.
Style of Home
- Rendered exterior.
- New multi-level contemporary home.
- Timber windows and doors with a strong plantation feel.
- Multiple entertaining, living and dining areas.
- Create an entertainers kitchen with an emphasis on lighting.
- Separate cooking and food preparation areas.
- Rubbish storage for household waste and recyclables.
- A walk in pantry with varied pantry shelf depths.
- To incorporate a coffee machine and existing fridge.
- Breakfast bar with seating for four.
- Kitchen colours to compliment proposed decor for the rest of the home
- 20mm thick reconstituted stone benchtops mitred to be 70mm thick
- Pullout storage cabinet for tea towels and baking trays
- Pullout storage under sink for detergents and cleaning products
- Integrated dual rubbish bins for recyclable waste storage.
- Purpose designed pantry with varying depth shelves.
- Orgaline utensil and cutlery storage inserts
- Blumotion drawers
- Pass through granite servery to outdoor dining area.
- Shadow line (painted in feature colour) to the top of all tall units and fridge.
- Glass panel to island servery and open shelf over fridge painted to match shadow line colour.Downlights under the island bench to hightlight the glass feature panel.
Floor Plans and Interactive Tours
Functional yet makes a statement, this kitchen creates symmetry and balance within the open plan design. It encourages the flow from all other rooms in the home, making it a focal point from every angle.
The ample bench space on both sides of this kitchen provides plenty of room for both meal preparation and cooking. The island bench needed to be long enough to house seating for 4 but the original plans for the home had the laundry protruding into the kitchen area. The size of the laundry was scaled back and island bench and kitchen area increased to allow for adequate seating room and a clear walkway around the kitchen.
The use of feature glass accents and shadow lines and stainless steel handles compliment the neutral tones to the design. Light and fixtures have been strategically placed to
Illuminate workspaces and provide ambience to the area. The luminous arcs created by the lights in the range hood provide an interesting visual feature against the glass splashback.
Storage is a key feature in this design. Drawers have been used over cupboards to give more ergonomically space and each has been designed to incorporate specific needs. The walk in pantry is located within easy access from all areas within the kitchen and houses stepped shelving each designed to suit various food items. To enhance the streamlined look, the dishwasher, dual waste system and pullout tea towel drawer have been integrated into the satin two pack cabinetry. The built in coffee machine is complimented by the drawers below to house coffee, cups and other coffee-making utensils.
The kitchen features two sink locations each mounted under the granite benchtop. The sink in the island benchtop has been located for food preparation. The second located for clean up and to service the outdoor area. The seamless 70mm thick granite benchtop extend through a bi fold window to the outside dining area for entertaining on those hot tropical evenings.
LIKE THIS DESIGN ?- Contact the designer direct
INITIAL SPACE ANALYSIS
Organise a time for Sublime to review your kitchen or bathroom needs.
NEWS & REVIEWS
Check out the latest news and reviews about the interior design and kitchen and bathroom industry.
Discover more about the Kitchen and Bathroom awards Sublime has won.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Why you must use us for your next kitchen or bathroom project.