Project Designer—Karen Fullwood
Karen's career as a designer began as a graphic artist from which she was quickly advanced to Art Director in an Advertising Agency and then went on to work in the Print Media field for several years. During this period Karen renovated numerous residential developments including home interior design and decorating and discovered that she had a true talent to create stylish homes and home decor that looked exceptional, and they worked. Karen was approached by an architect to assist with architectural interior design in his business and this is where her vocation as an interior designer flourished.
Karen's expertise in kitchen interior design and bathroom interior design was further developed after investing in a company that imported cabinetry. This union provided the opportunity to gain access to contemporary design programs which allowed her to show people their dreams in a visual reality through virtual interior design. As a result Karen Fullwood has now forged a successful care
Style of Home
- Renovated Queenslander
- Painted VJ internal walls and ceiling
- Timber Floor
- Timber doors and window frames
- The kitchen area was moved to the former dining area this allowed for a much larger open plan kitchen then the clients had previously.
- A modern twist for a traditional Queenslander.
- Natural colour palette so the client can use accent colour to bring in there own personality
- An area for the children to sit and eat there breakfast or complete homework in the afternoon
- It was important to ensure easy access to the appliances when required.
- Limit the amount of clutter on work surfaces
- The pantry area is functional for many uses, not only to store food stuff, but including appliances.
- 33mm thick Tasmanian Oak solid timber benchtop for table area
- 2 x Solid Timber Legs to table area
- 1 x white plastic cutlery tray has been included
- 180degree hinges to pantry to allow for ease of access to appliances
- 6 x Chrome pullout baskets to pantry
- Aluminum Frame Sliding Glass Doors with frosted glass doors to Pantry
- Recessed sliding Door Track to Tiled floor for pantry doors.
- Down lights to Pantry overheads
- 40mm thick Diana Reala – marble benchtop to island with 1 waterfall end to floor
Floor Plans and Interactive Tours
Formally the Kitchen was positioned in a dark corner to the rear of the house making a small space feel even smaller.
The preferred option was to move the kitchen and make it more integrated with the entire house. We positioned the kitchen, new in what was previously the dining area. French doors were added opening out from the kitchen, straight onto the garden allowing for great burst of sunlight to shine though onto the kitchen for most of the day.
A natural colour palette was chosen to allow for the clients to inject some colour themselves and reflect there own personality. The use of Diana Reale marble on the island makes for an eye-catching feature with its striking pattern.
It was important to ensure the kitchen. With the client's busy lives it was important to create a space that felt relaxed, so the kids could sit and do there home work and have a place to sit and enjoy a coffee before the start of a hectic day. This was achieved by ensure every appliance and utensil having a designated home, the kitchen can't help but remain free from clutter
Now the kitchen is the heart of this recently renovated Queenslander now it has been seamlessly integrated with the rest of the home.
An appliance pantry was incorporated into the kitchen design, complete with benchtops and ample power points, this feature provided adequate and accessible storage for all small appliances. Adjustable shelving gives the pantry flexibility, for different height of food stuffs. Chrome baskets were also added to allow for easy access to food stuffs.
LIKE THIS DESIGN ?- Contact the designer direct
INITIAL SPACE ANALYSIS
Organise a time for Sublime to review your kitchen or bathroom needs.
NEWS & REVIEWS
Check out the latest news and reviews about the interior design and kitchen and bathroom industry.
Discover more about the Kitchen and Bathroom awards Sublime has won.
EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE
Why you must use us for your next kitchen or bathroom project.